1/25/2006

You heard it here first!

Apparently, Lewis and Clark County will be sending us a bill for approximately $18,500.00 for the expenses incurred in cleaning up our Sheriff Department's mess in the recent jailbreak.

Gosh, I think I said something like that. "Sheriff Castle admits 'this could have turned out really bad.' Know what? It did. Just because no one was hurt doesn't change the fact that umpteen thousands of dollars were spent chasing down a guy who was suspected to have a key to his handcuffs 'eight months ago.' "

2 comments:

Treasure State Jew said...

I really don't have too much heartburn about paying that bill. L&C county did work hard to rectify what has to be considered a screw-up the Cascade County Sheriff's dept.

This is an important test for Castle. I am reserving judgement until after an investigation has been concluded. However, it is obvious that in a best-case scenario, procedures were flouted here. Heads need to roll over it.

GeeGuy said...

Hey, don't get me wrong. I, too, think we should pay that bill. My point is that someone's error will cost us $18k, and I want something to happen to demonstrate accountability.