7/17/2005

The Kinder, Gentler Democrats

Howard Dean was in Great Falls to address the State Democrat Convention. "We're going to have a positive agenda," he said. "We're not just going to complain about Republicans any more."

Somehow, I'm thinking former Clinton aide, Paul Begala, didn't get Dean's memo though:

The Republicans "want to kill me and my children if they can. But if they just kill me and not my children, they want my children to be comforted -- that while they didn't protect me because they cut my taxes, my children won't have to pay any money on the money they inherit....That is bullsh*t national defense, and we should say that."
More Howard Dean: "They're not all bad," he said of Republicans. "They're not. They have some good ideas. ... When we take power, we are not going to turn our backs on good ideas from conservative Republicans."

So, does that mean that Dean thinks the GOP should kill Begala and his children? Or that it's ok to kill Begala and his children, as long as they repeal the estate tax?

More Begala: "Okay, they are utterly and completely brain-dead," [Begala said] echoing comments earlier this year by Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean, who accused Republicans of being "brain dead."

Wait, now. Are Republicans brain dead, or do they just want to kill children? I can't remember? Do they eat the children's brains after they kill them? Are Republicans zombies?

Is anyone else confused?

No comments: