1/13/2006

How lame can you get?

In what has to be the ultimate genuflection at the throne of P.C. in recent months, the Tribune actually printed this headline on its editorial page this morning, causing me to actually laugh out loud.

Cowperson? Cowperson? Seriously, who writes this stuff? I'll bet you one thing, it will be easy to pick out the headline's author tonight at the rodeo. He'll be the one in the 10 Gallon hat, bright shirt and vest, bolo tie, with his brand spankin' new Wranglers tucked into his red, simulated ostrich skin cowboy...er...cowperson boots.

And did anyone else notice the juxtaposition of the Tribune's lame P.C. adulation with this piece by Kathleen Parker lamenting the P.C. victim mentality in the U.S. Armed Services? My god, people, does anyone actually read this stuff before it goes out?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easy now. I think they were trying to be funny. It's hard to chuckle if you're always looking to be outraged.

GeeGuy said...

Ed, I thought that too. But if it were truly tongue in cheek, I think one would expect to find at least an offhand reference to the joke within the column itself. I tried to find one, but could not.

As far as the chuckle, I got one alright.

KarbonKountyMoos said...

moo, cowperson. . .