5/05/2006

Late Nite Hijinks

You know, a few nights ago, I couldn't sleep. So I took an Ambien. And I got back in bed, but my allergies were bugging me. So I got up and snitched a little of my kid's phenergan. I was out before my head hit the pillow.

Next thing I knew, I was standing in my hallway. I could hear the roar of the charging elephants. The dust, kicked up from the marauding pachyderms, choked me, my hair was thick with sweat. Blood rolled from the gash in my forehead, yet I reached down and felt the hilt of my broadsword. I...was...Scippio. Carthage was mine! I swung, but my hand was grasped by a black leather glove.

"Sir, sir," the policeman said. "Settle down. I will need to see your license and registration."

You see, that strange prescription cocktail made me get in my car and drive into the local force attenuator. Just like someone we know.

No, not really. I was standing in my hallway as I sort of came to. And then I went and took a pee, and went back to bed. Ambien makes me sleepy, real sleepy. But I have never hallucinated on it, not even something as sexy as being a congressman late for a vote.

P.S. I think he was boozing. How 'bout y'all?

8 comments:

david said...

A Kennedy? BOOZING? GeeGuy, your imagination knows no limits!

/snark

Wouldn't suprise me a bit. OTOH, some of those sleepy-time meds really can whack a person out...would a full round of lab tests indicate what substances he had floating around in his system?

GeeGuy said...

It would if the police drew blood, but alas...

Anonymous said...

According to Police records, Rush Limbaugh hustled 11,000 prescrption pills from his housekeeper...

GeeGuy said...

And that's relevant how?

Anonymous said...

"I'm gonna go get knee walkin' drunk."

david said...

You know, when I have "major" dental work done, I ingest two Halcion tablets -- and although I remain mostly conscious for the duration of the procedure and am driven home by a friend, I have - literally - no recollection of anything from about 20 minutes after taking the pills.

Ambien may have similar effects.

Anonymous said...

Thank GOD for the Kennedy clan. The hijinks of another member give some respite from actually having to focus (or blog) on important national issues.

CLEARLY he was drunk. I've not personally experienced Ambien as Melatonin works for me when needed, but it seems clear from reports that he has some substance abuse problems. He'll get forgiven and re-elected though, just like all local favorites do...

Anonymous said...

Drunk. Should compare notes with Ted.