5/09/2006

Politics. As usual...

I am remiss in not writing this sooner, because I really believe in this fellow. While it is certainly not my habit to write political endorsements (and, frankly, I find the whole notion a bit...pretentious), this year we have an individual running for office that many of you may not know and, therefore, he may not get a look. And he's a Democough...uh...Democraaurgh...dang. Um, he's a Democrat!

His name is Mitch Tropila. I have known Mitch since high school, but it would not be accurate to say we have ever been best friends or even real close friends. I know him well enough to trust my judgment about him, but not well enough that you should discount the credibility of my recommendation as mere puffery.

He's running as a Democrat in Senate District 12, which includes the lower and upper north side of Great Falls, Black Eagle and Malmstrom Air Force Base.

Mitch has two college degrees, has served in the Peace Corps, and is a small businessman in town.

I have gotten to know Mitch again most recently in the locker room at the PEAK. While this might seem strange to some of you, those who work out regularly will know that one often gets to know people quite well at the gym.

I have had occasion to discuss many political issues with Mitch, some we agree on and some we do not. But what impresses me about Mitch, and why you should support him, is this:

No matter what issue you discuss with him, and whether you disagree or not, he will approach it in a businesslike fashion, he doesn't call names, he doesn't merely recite the left-wing "facts" or talking points, he approaches it with an open mind and, most important of all, he approaches the issue from the perspective of trying to find a solution to the problem.

If you give money to political candidates, Mitch is worthy. If you live in the District, you won't regret voting for him.

Even if he is a Democr...well, you know! Seriously, this man deserves your support.

No comments: