2/14/2007

Follow-up

February 14, 2007


Mr. Tim Gregori
Southern Montana Electric Generation
& Transmission Cooperative, Inc.
3521 Gabel Road, Suite 5
Billings, MT 59102

Re: Electric City Power/SME

Dear Tim:

I am writing to follow up on my letter to you of January 29, 2007. As two weeks have now passed without any response whatsoever, I thought it prudent to again attempt to informally obtain the information I have been seeking since the middle of December 2006. I should note, too, that my legal assistant’s telephone call to the SME offices remains unanswered even longer than my letter.

I would like to obtain a copy of the “feasibility study” referenced in the City Commission minutes of November 4, 2003. As I previously noted, City staff suggested that I obtain this document from you. I would like you to also provide me with all documents evidencing the City’s ownership interest in SME, documents containing the terms of the City’s ownership interest, and documents dictating the governance of the Cooperative, including any operating plan. I am also hoping to obtain financial records documenting capital contributions and member ownership interests. Apparently these are not in the City’s possession.

If you are unable or unwilling to provide these documents to me in the next week or so, I would ask that you write to me and tell me what, if any documents will be withheld, and the basis for their withholding. Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.

Sincerely,

5 comments:

WolfPack said...

Why is Lawton still here. Half billion dollar deals done on a hand shake? This is embarrassing as a citizen of Great Falls. Why don't the Mayor, commissioners or ECP bring in some talent to manage this project. Lawton’s the one who is asleep at the wheel and when the ship crashes he will quickly slip out of town back to where he is from. It’s the mayor and commissioners who will be blamed by history for any screw ups. Are they also planning to leave town some time soon? If not they will spend the rest of their days in Great Falls with people talking about how they messed up the big one. I wouldn’t want my name synonymous with incompetent for the rest of my days.

free thought said...

GeeGuy's patience has gone beyond virtuous to, well, never mind. But I will say he splits a lot of infinitives.

GeeGuy said...

Sometimes, you have to boldly, loudly, and proudly go where no man has gone before.

free thought said...

You need more Kirk-like pauses and emphases to pull that off.

GeeGuy said...

It's like having my own, personal blog Cato.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIYI5fON03g