3/09/2007

Taranto

I thought this piece, entitled "Always a woman to me" was as effective at pointing out how important it is that we choose our words carefully as it was entertaining for making fun of some of the things people say.

"Hillary Clinton has spent her entire adult life working on behalf of women and children. She has a unique experience as a woman who has faced the obstacles in the way of women," Ms. Malcolm, whose organization has endorsed Mrs. Clinton, said. "No white man can understand the experience a woman has to go through to move ahead."

"No white man"? Someone will have to explain that racist non sequitur to us. While you're at it, try to make sense of Malcolm's claim that Mrs. Clinton is "unique" for having "faced the obstacles in the way of women." Apparently she is the only woman ever to face the obstacles that are in the way of them all.

5 comments:

WolfPack said...

"No white man", she's starting to make me laugh just like her husband did.

a-fire-fly said...

Unique. Well.
I fear if I say more I will be called sexist, and condescending to my gender. Again.

Anonymous said...

Now that explains it.

I have never really understood Hilary's appeal to the masses.

Apparently, this white male just doesn't get it...

Anonymous said...

Truer words were never spoken..An airplane was about to crash; there were 5 passengers on board, but
only 4 parachutes.

The first passenger said, "I am Kobe Bryant, the best NBA basketball
player; the Lakers need me, I can't afford to die." So he took the
first pack and left the plane.

The second passenger, Hillary Clinton said, "I am the wife of the
former U.S. President, a Senator from New York , and a potential future
president. And I am the smartest w oman in American history, so
America 's people don't want me to die." She took the second pack and
jumped out of the plane.

The third passenger, Kelly Clarkson, said, "I'm Kelly Clarkson, I am
an American idol, I just won a grammy. Think of how much talent would be
lost if I die?" So she grabbed the pack next to her and jumped.

The fourth passenger, President George W. Bush, said to the fifth
passenger, a 10-year-old schoolgirl, "I have lived a full life, and
served my country well, I will sacrifice my life and let you have the
last parachute."

The girl said, "That's okay. There's a parachute left for you.
America 's smartest woman took my schoolbag."

Anonymous said...

The girl said, "That's okay. There's a parachute left for you.
America 's smartest woman took my schoolbag."


I love it! Thanks for the laugh!

-Cammy