5/17/2007

New Job Posting: Griz Head Coach

Nice article on Dave Dickenson, former CMR and University of Montana quarterback, who spoke at a recent sports banquet in Missoula.

“I knew I was in Montana when I drove through Lincoln on my way here and I looked out the window and saw a high school P.E. class,” he began. “They were outside practicing their fly rod casting.”

“Play as many sports as you can,” he said. Play as much as you can. Build up some memories. Build up some friendships.”

'With that, Dickenson posed several hypothetical questions to himself, including the subject of retirement, which his mother corners him with repeatedly, Dickenson elicited quite an applause with his response.'

“I don't know when the right time to quit is,” he said, “maybe when a job opens up here to coach.”

No comments: