4/28/2007

Oh the outrage!

Did you hear what Republican Senator John Cobb said about the House Republican leadership?

House Republicans are being led by "a couple of thugs....They think they can bully the governor. It's no different than what goes on in a Third World country."

In fact, he added, they're ""a bunch of goddamned idiots."

Goddamned idiots? What offensive language! I'm going to go read the Tribune's editorial expressing their outrage at his shameful lack of decorum and statesmanship. Here. What? Nothing? The Gazette? The Independent Record? Where's the outrage?

Well, surely the left-leaning blogs will be slamming Cobb for this tirade! Left in the West? What, Matt actually called it "sanity." Netroots? Silent.

What? No one cares? In fact, Cobb is even praised for calling them "goddamned idiots?"

This just goes to show what I said, folks. It's P-H-O-N-Y. Phony. Nobody on the left cares about Cobb's outburst, because they agree with him. They think he's justified.

All the outrage, all the offense? Fake. Just a chance to hammer the Republicans.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here! Here!

Has anyone ever wondered why reporters fail to identify all the RINO's who actually give control to the tax and spend policies of Sweet Ol' Brian's Majority???

Rhetorical question. Duh...

Anonymous said...

Or...maybe the Trib read the blogs and realized editorializing about language while repeating it wasn't the smartest thing. Blast em when they make a deal of it...blast em when they don't I guess....

GeeGuy said...

Well, Skeptical, I will grant you that you make a potentially valid point. Perhaps, just perhaps, it is a mere coincidence that there is outrage at profanity directed at a Democrat, but none when directed at the GOP.

And, if it is just a very convenient coincidence, I admit that my comments are inconsistent and misplaced.

I must say, though, that I find it hard to believe that anyone at the Tribune would change anything based on what I say or don't say.

free thought said...

Seems pretty simple. Folks scream when they disagree. It has very little to do with what is said, or how it is said.

Even so, the latest quote you cited is not quite so inflamatory as the preceding incident.

And truth goes a long way in getting away with bold statements.

Anonymous said...

Again G, this is a Republican, not a Democrat. I would say that type of discourse is counter productive and inflammatory, as such we don't allow it on the Netroots.

What do you want me to say? It was wrong, but even so there is a quantitative difference between Lange's actions and Cobb's. But again, both Republicans.

GeeGuy said...

Shane, I want you to say you're wrong. About everything. But I'm guessing that won't happen. :)

Maybe it's just that conservatives cuss alot. I should have known Dems had the family values!

Anonymous said...

Geeguy...a little egotistical? I said blogs...multiple haha. Maybe the Trib just got beaten enough through blogs, comments and letters that they changed their thoughts. As for the fact it was a Republican that blasted the GOP members, if a paper were left-leaning, wouldn't they blow that up more than a Republican going after a Dem. A little internal hostility and weakening of the party etc. Sounds like liberal fodder to me...

GeeGuy said...

You're right. My comment could be read as egotistical, although that's not what I meant. You did say "blogs," and I should have qualified my comment with, "I can only speak for myself, but I must say that I find it hard to believe..."

Sorry.